The Paediatric Speech and Language Therapy Service provides assessment, therapy and advice for children up to the age of 5 years who have speech, language and communication needs. We also support older children who have specialist health needs.
We assess and treat children who require support with:
- Attention and listening
- Complex needs - where more than one service is supporting your child
- Social Communication
- Language - you can find here information and resources to help language development
- Social Communication
- Feeding and swallowing
We see children in community clinics, homes and early years settings including children centres. We have a strong focus on working in partnership with parents and educational settings to maximise children’s progress.
Our Speech and Language Therapy team is made up of qualified speech and language therapists, therapy assistants and admin staff. All therapists are registered with the Health & Care Professionals Council (HCPC) as well as the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT).
Children can be referred by their health visitor, GP, therapist, early years' service, paediatricians based in the local acute or tertiary hospital, paediatric audiology, CAMHS or other agencies. Parents/carers/guardians can also refer directly to service.
Referrals are made via the Children and Family Health Surrey One Stop, a centralised referral and triage service for Surrey's specialist children's services that was launched in July 2017.
The three ways to refer are:
1. Through the Children and Family Health Surrey One Stop online portal https://sabpsecure.beaconhealthoptions.co.uk/. This is the same portal as the CAMHS Mindsight One Stop service
2. Call the Children and Family Health Surrey One Stop on 0300 222 5755. Open 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday. This is the same number as the CAMHS Mindsight One Stop service
3. Write to Children and Family Health Surrey One Stop, c/o Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, 1st Floor, Dominion House, Woodbridge Road, Guildford GU1 4PU.
Mid Surrey Team (serve families living in the boroughs of Banstead, Dorking, East Elmbridge, Epsom, Ewell, Leatherhead and Tattenham)
Please contact the speech and language therapists through our 0-19 teams.
Tel: 01372 384395
East Surrey Team (serve families living in the boroughs of Redhill, Reigate, Merstham, Horley, Oxted, Caterham and Lingfield)
Tel: 01737 768 511 x 6091
North West Surrey Team (serve families living in the boroughs of Woking, Rynnymede and Surrey Health)
Tel: 01932 826 500
South West Surrey Team (serve families living in the boroughs of Guildford and Waverley)
Tel: 01483 783 315
Resource Finder Tool
A self service approach to help you get the right help & support
For further information
- To follow up a referral
For example, for developmental paediatrics or therapy services such as speech and language therapy. Contact the One Stop referral centre (tel: 0300 222 5755, Option 2) and they will be able to advise.
- For advice or questions about your child's health
- 2 year development checks
- Referrals for ASD, ADHD or another neurological/developmental condition
Your GP will need to make a referral. Visit the Developmental Paediatrician service page for more information about these services in Surrey.
- Access to mental health services
Your GP needs to refer your child via MINDSIGHT Surrey CAHMS
- Hearing concerns
Contact the Audiology service
- Concerns or complaints about a Children and Family Health Surrey service
If your query is not covered by the routes above, please use the form below to contact us.