The Paediatric Speech and Language Therapy Service provides assessment, therapy and advice for children up to the age of 5 years who have speech, language and communication needs. We also support older children who have specialist health needs.
We assess and treat children who require support with:
- Attention and listening
- Complex needs - where more than one service is supporting your child
- Social Communication
- Language - you can find here information and resources to help language development
- Social Communication
- Feeding and swallowing
We see children in community clinics, homes and early years settings including children centres. We have a strong focus on working in partnership with parents and educational settings to maximise children’s progress.
Our Speech and Language Therapy team is made up of qualified speech and language therapists, therapy assistants and admin staff. All therapists are registered with the Health & Care Professionals Council (HCPC) as well as the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT).
Children can be referred by their health visitor, GP, therapist, early years' service, paediatricians based in the local acute or tertiary hospital, paediatric audiology, CAMHS or other agencies. Parents/carers/guardians can also refer directly to service.
Referrals are made via the Children and Family Health Surrey One Stop, a centralised referral and triage service for Surrey's specialist children's services that was launched in July 2017.
The three ways to refer are:
1. Through the Children and Family Health Surrey One Stop online portal https://sabpsecure.beaconhealthoptions.co.uk/. This is the same portal as the CAMHS Mindsight One Stop service
2. Call the Children and Family Health Surrey One Stop on 0300 222 5755. Open 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday. This is the same number as the CAMHS Mindsight One Stop service
3. Write to Children and Family Health Surrey One Stop, c/o Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, 1st Floor, Dominion House, Woodbridge Road, Guildford GU1 4PU.
Mid Surrey area (covering Banstead, Dorking, East Elmbridge, Epsom, Ewell, Leatherhead and Tattenham)
Please contact the speech and language therapists through our 0-19 teams.
Tel 01392 384 395
East Surrey area (covering Redhill, Reigate, Merstham, Horley, Oxted, Caterham and Lingfield)
Tel: 01737 768 511 x 6091
North West Surrey area (covering Woking, Rynnymede and Surrey Health boroughs)
Tel: 01932 826 500
South West Surrey area (covering Guildford and Waverley boroughs)
Tel: 01483 783 315