Our school nursing teams across Surrey promote health and emotional wellbeing in schools and in the community.
They do this by:
- Being available to young people, parents, carers and teaching staff to address any concerns about a child’s health
- Providing health advice to help children and young people make the most of their education
- Completing health reviews with children starting primary and secondary school
- Holding health drop-ins in secondary schools which offer young people an opportunity to discuss health issues confidentially
- Supporting young people who have specific medical needs and providing relevant training for staff to help manage these needs
- Delivering classroom-based health education
- Supporting immunisation programmes in school
- Leading community clinics to help children with night-time wetting
- Working with school-aged children in the community who have been excluded or where families have chosen to educate at home.
School nurses are paediatric (children’s) nurses who have completed additional specialist training.
Teams and contact details
Mid Surrey area (covering Banstead, Dorking, East Elmbridge, Epsom, Ewell, Leatherhead and Tattenham)
|Area teams (include school nursing teams)||Location||Tel|
|Banstead and Tattenham 0-19 Team||Tattenham Health Centre||01737 361 031|
|Dorking 0-19 Team||Medwyn Centre||01306 748 901|
|East Elmbridge 0-19 Team||Molesey Clinic||020 8979 6464|
|Epsom and Ewell 0-19 Team||Epsom Clinic||01372 730 040|
|Leatherhead 0-19 Team||Leatherhead Clinic||01372 384 300|
East Surrey area (covering Redhill, Reigate, Merstham, Horley, Oxted, Caterham and Lingfield)
|East Surrey||Caterham Dene||01883 340 922|
West Surrey area (covering Woking, Guildford, Runnymede, Spelthorne, West Elmbridge, Surrey Heath and Waverley boroughs)
The school nurse team that was based at Weybridge Hospital has had to be relocated due to a fire that destroyed the building in the early hours of 12 July 2017.
The team is still able to provide a service. We are arranging for the phone line to be diverted so they can pick up and respond to messages. If you have an urgent enquiry or concern in the meantime, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as we can.
|North West Surrey School Nursing Team (covering mainstream schools in the boroughs of Runnymede, Surrey Heath and Woking)||Woking Community Hospital,|
|01483 846 201|
|Runnymede School Nurse team||The Grove Community Health Centre,|
|01784 430 522|
|Guildford School Nurse Team (covering mainstream schools in the Guildford and Waverly boroughs)||60 Stoughton Road,|
|01483 783 171|
|Waverley School Nurse team||Farnham Hospital & Centre for Health,|
|01483 782 092|
|North East Surrey School Nursing Team (covering mainstream schools in Spelthorne and West Elmbridge boroughs)||Ashford Clinic,|
66 Stanwell Road,
01784 883 695
North East School Nursing Team (covering mainstream schools in West Elmbridge)
|This team has had to be relocated following the fire that destroyed Weybridge Hospital in the early hours of 12 July 2017 and is operating from Walton Health Centre Rodney Rd, Walton-on-Thames KT12 3LB.||01932 826 062|
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (secure answerphone service)
|Surrey Heath School Nurse team||Camberley Health Centre,|
159 Frimley Road,
|01276 217 99|
For further information
- To follow up a referral
For example, for developmental paediatrics or therapy services such as speech and language therapy. Contact the One Stop referral centre (tel: 0300 222 5755, Option 2) and they will be able to advise.
- For advice or questions about your child's health
- 2 year development checks
- Referrals for ASD, ADHD or another neurological/developmental condition
Your GP will need to make a referral. Visit the Developmental Paediatrician service page for more information about these services in Surrey.
- Access to mental health services
Your GP needs to refer your child via MINDSIGHT Surrey CAHMS
- Hearing concerns
Contact the Audiology service
- Concerns or complaints about a Children and Family Health Surrey service
If your query is not covered by the routes above, please use the form below to contact us. Your query will be passed to the relevant team who will aim to respond within 7 working days.