Our nurses provide skilled nursing care to children and young people from birth to 18 years in their own homes.The care is
tailored to the individual needs of the child/young person, enabling them to stay in their own homes, avoiding or shortening hospital admissions and reducing the need for hospital attendance.
We encourage and support children, young people and their carers to manage their conditions by promoting self-care, working closely with other professionals involved in partnership with the child/young person and their family.
Our services include:
- Administration and advice on treatments and medication including intravenous antibiotics
- Blood sampling and monitoring
- Complex wound care as a results of surgery, trauma or skin breakdown
- Facilitation of early discharge from hospital of children and young people with an acute illness
- Management of children and young people with long term conditions to promote self-care and well-being
- Management of children and young people with conditions such as eczema and constipation
- Nutritional advice and care to support good health related to gastrostomy, jejeunostomy and nasogastric feeding
- Sign posting and referrals to appropriate services
- Specialist intervention for children and young people who have a life-limiting illnesses requiring treatment, information, symptom control or end of life care.
Team locations and contact details
Community Children’s Nursing Team East
|51 St John’s Road, Redhill, Surrey RH1 6DS||01737 214 784|
Community Children’s Nursing Team West
|Jarvis Centre, Stoughton Road, Guildford, Surrey GU1 1LJ||01483 783 162|